You might have noticed that we have a new illustration section. For now, it's landing page and a new search index
that only holds illustrations. We are focusing on getting feedback from customers with this early version.
If you have illustrations, you are welcome to upload them to Iconfinder. You can upload them as you normally do with icons and we will categorise them as illustrations after. We recommend an artboard size of 1000 px for vector and 2000 px for raster (such as 3D).
Our next steps are:
- To improve search results UI so the illustrations are shown in larger sizes compared to icons.
- To charge more for illustrations (both for subscribers and for pay as you go customers). This is already implemented, but we are still missing a few features.
- To update the upload/submission flow to have two paths - one for icons and one for illustrations.
- To launch a place for people to order custom-designed illustrations.
- To make it easy for customers to customize colors in illustrations.
We'll be happy to hear about your experiences with selling stock illustrations and working with customers on custom illustrations.